Users worldwide appreciate Canon printers, but the Canon printer users may get frustrated when a complex error code appears on their printer. One of the most annoying error codes on Canon printers is 5,156,61. The error code may appear on a Canon printer anytime and may lead to your Canon printer not working correctly. If you ever see the error code 5,156,61 on your Canon printer, there is no need to get disappointed! We have mentioned the solutions to fix the error in the article. By following the instructions mentioned below, anyone can resolve this error. You need to know the causes for the error before you proceed ahead to fix it. Let’s get started.
Causes for the Appearance of Error 5,156,61 on a Canon Printer
The error code 5,156,61 is an indication that something is wrong with your Canon printer.
Experts believe that the cause for the error code may be either a hardware issue or a software issue. We have mentioned some common causes for the occurrence of the error code 5,156,61 below. Take a look at these.
- When the USB cable is disconnected or damaged, the error code 5,156,61 may occur on your Canon printer.
- If the Canon printer drivers become obsolete, there are some chances of the appearance of the error code.
- If any foreign object or paper is stuck inside the printer, the error may appear on your Canon printer.
Note: We have listed the three basic causes for error code 5,156,61 on a Canon printer. You have now become aware of the causes, so you will face no difficulty sorting out the error. To know how to fix the error code 5,156, 61 on your Canon printer, read below.
Quick Methods to Eliminate the Error 5,156,61
We will introduce you to the methods to fix the error code. All you need to do is just follow the provided instructions carefully. Read the methods below.
If a Canon printer user faces the error code 5,156,61 on their Canon printer, they can follow the instructions mentioned below to sort out the error.
- The first thing you need to do is remove any USB hub.
- Connect your Canon printer directly to your computer.
- Check if there is any port in the motherboard.
- If you see any, insert the plug into it.
- You need to take a new USB cable and check the cable with any other printer to see if it works perfectly.
- In case the cable is not working properly, you have to replace it.
- Use a new USB cable to connect your printer to the computer. It will fix the error.
- If the error code persists, you need to try out another method below.
Note: In rare cases, the method mentioned above may not work. We ask you to try out the method discussed below.
A number of printer experts believe that hundreds of error codes on Canon printers can be fixed by updating the printer drivers. You can update the printer drivers by following the instructions and quickly get rid of the error code 5,156,61. Follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- First, you need to connect your computer to high-speed internet.
- Access any updated web browser on your computer.
- Go to the Canon Drivers page.
- When you visit the page, make sure that you have landed on the official website of Canon.
- Here, you need to enter the Canon printer model you own and the operating system your computer uses.
- As you choose both of these options, you will see the “Download” link.
- Click on the “Download” button. The download will begin within a few seconds.
- When the download is complete, locate the drivers in the Downloads folder.
- Install the drivers on your computer by following the on-screen instructions and check if the problem is fixed.
Note: If you do not have the good technical knowledge and don’t know how to install the drivers, we ask you to download the EasyDriver on your computer. It recognizes the old drivers and does an excellent job of updating them.
If your printer doesn’t work even after updating the drivers. Try out the method below:
- First, turn on your Canon printer.
- Go to the Menu.
- Click on the directional arrows to go to the Setup.
- After that, you need to go to the Device Settings and click OK.
- Select the Reset Settings option.
- Finally, press OK.
- Doing the process will reset your Canon printer and make the error code disappear.
Canon has been a reliable printer manufacturer for over ten decades, so most people love to go for the Canon printers. Some error codes on Canon printers may often cause a nuisance to a printer user. In the article, we have provided the methods to sort out the error code 5,156,61. We hope you find the methods great.