Nowadays, most of our conversations take place via sharing videos and pictures. It can be fun and interesting, but it also consumes additional storage space on our devices. And like all the other messaging platforms, the Signal app also auto-downloads the media files on your devices. Whether you are a member of a family group chat or involved in any individual conversations, receiving unnecessary images and video files can sometimes be annoying for anyone. And deleting all these media files might seem a huge task and can consume a lot of your time. So, what can you do to avoid this? Well, if you use the Signal app on your device, then there is a way through which you can disable the automatic downloading of the media files.
Do you also use the Signal app on your device? Want to see how you can disable media auto-download in the Signal app? If yes, then please go through this entire post to get the technique.
The Process for Disabling the Media Auto-Download in Signal
Any user of the Signal app can easily disable the automatic downloading of the media files. By enabling you to do so, this platform provides you with the power to control which media files you want to download on your device and which ones you don’t. Also, by disabling the auto-download for the media files, you will be able to manage storage space on your device more efficiently. In order to perform this task, one needs to go through the app’s settings page. And to help you with this task, we have explained the complete procedure here. So, please have a look at the mentioned steps now:
The Steps to Disable the Media Auto-Download in Signal
Here are the steps that any Signal user should follow to disable the auto-download in the app:
- First of all, you will need to open the Signal app on your mobile device.
- After launching the app, go to the profile icon given at the top-left corner and tap on it.
- After tapping on the profile icon, you will be redirected to the app’s settings page.
- And from the settings screen, tap on the “Data and Storage” from the available options.
- And now, on reaching the next screen, you will have to scroll down a bit to get to the “Media auto-download” section. And here, you will be provided with a few options including, “When using mobile data,” “When using Wi-Fi,” and “ Roaming.” You can select any of these options according to your preferences.
- And after you are done selecting any of the mentioned options, remove the tick mark from the checkboxes for the media files that you don’t want to get downloaded automatically. And that’s it. You have successfully turned off the auto-download option for the media files in the Signal app.
So, that is how any Signal user can disable the automatic downloading of the media files on their mobile devices. Follow the guide and don’t forget to visit our website to read more articles like this.